how to make my stars more active?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willy wonka

5 Year Member
hii....

i have two little stars. both of them not more than a years old. one of them is so active. like to walking around in her enclosure. and guess what?.., she also like to climb!! when she eat, she eat like she is very2 hungry. i'm so happy see her like that. but my problem is the other one. not so active like the other one. she walk very slow. always sleep. but she have no problem with eating, soaking, basking. she eat, soak, bask normally. the thing is she is not so active :( please advice me how to make her like the other one.. thanks..

JourneyTort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, Canada
Separate them. If they are both healthy (and this is not the issue) and are kept in the correct environment, I would separate them and I am sure you will see a difference in the 'shy' one.

willy wonka

5 Year Member
JourneyTort said:
Separate them. If they are both healthy (and this is not the issue) and are kept in the correct environment, I would separate them and I am sure you will see a difference in the 'shy' one.

hi..

thanks journeytort.. you have same problem as me before?? is it work that way??

Homerist

10 Year Member!
hi willy wonka,

if he is eating, basking, soaking and pooing fine, then i believe its a case of different personalities for the two.
hatchlings will need more sleep which is normal. worry not. =)

Michael Wolfe

5 Year Member
Do you have a job? I mean are you gone from your torts during the day?

When I first had my hatchling, we thought he did not move... in fact thought he was sick... my wife was very worried. He was in his hide in teh morning and in his hide in the evening and never seemed to move.

Then we set up a video camera on a time delay and found out that he ran around all day... only to return to he favorite place at 5:00 before we could get home from work.

willy wonka

5 Year Member
Homerist said:
hi willy wonka,

if he is eating, basking, soaking and pooing fine, then i believe its a case of different personalities for the two.
hatchlings will need more sleep which is normal. worry not. =)

hi homerist..

i'm also thinking what you told me. maybe it is her personalities.. is it other or any way to change it?? ;)

Michael Wolfe said:
Do you have a job? I mean are you gone from your torts during the day?

When I first had my hatchling, we thought he did not move... in fact thought he was sick... my wife was very worried. He was in his hide in teh morning and in his hide in the evening and never seemed to move.

Then we set up a video camera on a time delay and found out that he ran around all day... only to return to he favorite place at 5:00 before we could get home from work.

hi michael..

yup.. i do have a job. my job required me not only work in the morning but also in the evening even at nite (working in shift). yes, i do saw her move around but she so slow :( my goal now is to make her a bit active. is it any way?? looking forward for advice.. thanks....

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
are they both the same age? and what age is that.. when did they hatch
are we talking 6 months a year
what about there size?

I would think this would be important info to have to give you a fair answer

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Now if you misunderstand what I'm about to ask.. you need to get hamsters! :D

Why would you want to or think you should try to change how a baby star tortoise acts? Leave them alone and watch them grow up to be different! Please?

Take a look.. http://www.turtletary.com/stars.html

Terry K

Malaefic

5 Year Member
Stars have different personalities.
You could have a lazier star if it's healthy.

All my Stars have different personalities.
One of mine is extremely lazy and a really heavy sleeper. You can turn him upside down or soak in water and he will carry on sleeping.

He is healthy though and eats like a pig. Just that when he sleeps... it's like the sky can fall down and it doesn't wake him

Gus

5 Year Member
I think all star are lazy pig hee............hee............

willy wonka

5 Year Member
hi all..

both of my stars are about a years old. maybe around 10months (not exactly know when they hatch). they length both around SCL 2.5" and weight each about 40 grams. anyway thanks for all of your answers. yup, maybe i did'nt have to change her personalities. just let her like that as long as she is healty. thanks guys for all of your answer.. :cool:

Homerist

10 Year Member!
hahaha i can relate to malaefic!
many times my star will be soaking and basking and sleeping at the same time!
like enjoying a spa session. ahaha
and other times after exploring my apartment, mainly the hall, he will stop somewhere and fall asleep. i would pick him up and talk to him but sleep throughout. =D

Malaefic

5 Year Member
Depends on which one you talk about.
For my Amber she tends to ignore me most of the time. Goliath sleeps and eats a lot, whereas Sheldon is the active one. Even the vet said he has never seen such an active star before.

He will follow me around the house, then go to play with his ball and later come smelling my feet wanting to be scratched under his chin. Sometimes I wonder if he is a tort or a dog.

Gus

5 Year Member
wow I really hope I have sure an active tortoise :)

Malaefic said:
Depends on which one you talk about.
For my Amber she tends to ignore me most of the time. Goliath sleeps and eats a lot, whereas Sheldon is the active one. Even the vet said he has never seen such an active star before.

He will follow me around the house, then go to play with his ball and later come smelling my feet wanting to be scratched under his chin. Sometimes I wonder if he is a tort or a dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.