How to keep you tort a secret from your landlord

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Belleville, IL
Yes, yes I know it's not good to lie, or deceive your landlord but I had to hide the tortoise's home today. I am weak and can hardly lift 40lbs let alone an awkwardly large tank, so I did a little bit of camouflage instead of moving the tank. :p

Attachments

• image-542230348.png
    image-542230348.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 179

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
:D :D :D :D!!!!!!!!!! Now I think I have heard and seen it all!! :D :D

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Love it! Why would a landlord care about a small tortoise in a tank? How much damage could he do?

Allison M.

5 Year Member
El Cajon Ca
kurmaraja12 said:
Yes, yes I know it's not good to lie, or deceive your landlord but I had to hide the tortoise's home today. I am weak and can hardly lift 40lbs let alone an awkwardly large tank, so I did a little bit of camouflage instead of moving the tank. :p
OMG that is so funny! I have the same problem with lifting stuff. This post made me laugh out loud!! Great start to my day.
Thanks,

Allison

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
SHAME ON YOU. I AM A LANDLORD:p:D. Kidding, not about the landlord part, but I allow animals. However, if I didn't a tortoise really wouldn't bother me. If you didn't ask first, you should have, they probably wouldn't have cared. Now, if the tort is discovered, you could lose your total deposit, you broke the lease, by bringing in a animal. Just came to mind, not really an animal, it's a reptile, loop hole, or better yet say chelonian, they won't even know what your talking about, better loop hole. Just keep it hidden and be sure when you move out it doesn't stink like reptile smell. Leave a clean apartment and they will be happy and won't be searching for what else must be wrong. Good luck on the camouflage.

OMG, LOL, Busted a gut. I looked at the pic after I posted. That was a fantastic idea. But what can you do next time, hmmm, must get creative. Make sure you post your next disguise, something that you can use every time would be great. OOO, Idea, can you get a large cardboard box to fit over the cage. Then through a table cloth over it and put a couple nicnacs on it. :D.

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
Thanks :p yeah I should have asked. He only had to be covered for 15 minutes for the fire inspector to check the alarms. I keep it really clean and I'll only be here for another month :p

Yeah that would be the next one probably, just a big box that has one of the corners cut so I can 'wrap' it around ;-)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Does the tort inyour picture live in that tank? Or does it live in the yard most of the time?

great Disguise!

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
Laura said:
Does the tort inyour picture live in that tank? Or does it live in the yard most of the time?

great Disguise!

Oh gosh no! The Tort in my picture is a 60lb guy who lives in a pet store in Ohio :p my tort is a little tiny guy, about the size of a cheeseburger lol

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
That is great:) My mom had to smuggle her torts in, because her landlord said NO. I think it is because people that don't know torts don't understand how clean they are. They don't care about her cat, but she can't even baby sit for my sister's dog. I am getting ready to rent out my house and I am a bit nervous about cats and dogs. Some people (I have known many) let them trash houses :(

Status
Not open for further replies.