how to give tortoise medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicolam38

5 Year Member
Yesterday fifi took food with medicine on but now she dont trust me and i dont know how to give her her medicine

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
What type of med? Will the dose fit in a strawberry? Like taking the syringe and injecting the med into the fruit so when she takes it the entire thing goes in by one or two chomps?

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
You have to be sneaky. Feed a bit of strawberry clean then make a strawberry sandwich (2 slices of strawberry with medicine in between) for her to eat next. Don't make it too big! The sandwich needs to be eaten in two or three chomps!

nicolam38

5 Year Member
Haha I have been tryin for half an hour,with strawberries with non on and cauliflower but since yesterday when I did it she won't take it

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
How often do you have to give the medicine?

If it's only once a day, i'd try doing it at the start of the day.

Go through the normal Lights on, heat on, soak routine and then a strawberry sandwich straight after the soak before the proper food.

Joe is always hungriest first thing and would probably fall for it more easily then

nicolam38

5 Year Member
The vet said evening,she had her op late,I'll have to feed her later tomorrow but still can't get it in her now arghhh,stubborn fifi lol

Done it.had to hold her head and force her mouth open...she dont like me now awww

Status
Not open for further replies.