How old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffiel the RT

5 Year Member
image-1631558773.png

image-2606294791.png

image-3774225761.png

The stupid people at the pet co said 6 months . Yeah right. How old do you think!? And how do you tell? I wish I knew his birthday.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Can't really tell. Looks like it may be more than 6 months, but maybe someone else can id your tort and give you a better estimate.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
How big is he? He's a WC (wild caught) russian and definitely not 6 months old, its impossible to tell but probably more in the range of 7-10 years old.

icenine

5 Year Member
I'd call it 8 years old. It's an old-school trick and can only get you an estimate around this time, but counting the lines in a section of his shell (I used the third picture) could give you a rough estimate of age. I don't remember where I read that, and I probably read it years ago, but it typically gives a pretty good estimate. I'd call it 8 or 9 years old.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
icenine said:
I'd call it 8 years old. It's an old-school trick and can only get you an estimate around this time, but counting the lines in a section of his shell (I used the third picture) could give you a rough estimate of age. I don't remember where I read that, and I probably read it years ago, but it typically gives a pretty good estimate. I'd call it 8 or 9 years old.

I wondered if you could tell their age that way! Like a tree! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.