How much sun?

brenrn

5 Year Member
We have to move our russian due to construction in the backyard. My hubby built a new great 4x8 enclosure complete with hinged lid. We haven't filled it yet so I can move it if needed. I noticed today that the area where I want to put it only gets a few hours of sun a day. Is that enough or should I try to find a different spot?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Depends on where you are and what your temps are.

Sounds like a great location for a summer enclosure, but not so good for the rest of the year.

brenrn

5 Year Member
Depends on where you are and what your temps are.

Sounds like a great location for a summer enclosure, but not so good for the rest of the year.
He's only out for the summer as we live in the northeast. Temps during the day range anywhere from 75-90. Night time is usually always 60's to low 70's throughout the summer. This is our first year with him outside as we got him last fall but I'm thinking he will have to come in at night by the end of Sept. and then in for good by Oct.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
He'll be just fine. Even just a few hours are great. My russian stays out if it's good weather (not too much recently:( ) but my sulcata enjoys 24/7 access to her yard!