How much Mazuri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roxie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central FL
I ordered the Mazuri which came arrived today. Frank loved it! I tried searching the archives for an answer to the question of how much to feed. All of the answers applied to hatchlings and red foots it seems. What is the appropriate amount to feed a 16#, slightly underweight Sulcata who free roams in FL. Daily? A few times weekly? As much as he will eat in one sitting?

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
I'be gotten answers on this site ok how much food is too much and the answer I generally got was to feed them as much as they can eat throughout the day and that a variety of food options is good. It sounds like Frank (great name!) can graze so that's good.

Katherine

5 Year Member
I feed my adult sulcatas right around two cups each of soaked mazuri about once a week. My 20lb tortoises get a cup weekly. They would probably eat more than that; but I'd rather have them grazing. I also immediately remove what is not consumed; it goes bad very quickly once soaked. I've been very pleased with it as a product : )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Its really not critical. I give it to my bigger ones once or twice a week. I have a butter tub that I soak it in first and then dump that on to a fast food type tray for them to eat. I also mix it with greens or hay sometimes.

I agree with Katherine on also keeping them grazing and how quickly it goes bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.