How much mazuri to feed?

counting

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canada
My little guy came with a ziplock bag of mazuri. I've decided to offer once weekly, and they love it. I'm just not sure how much to feed? My baby is a 2in long, 12 week old greek. For regular every day feeding I give weeds, and just load a bunch in and they eat about their shell amount of the weeds...but with the mazuri being so dense I'm not sure what the right amount is. Last time I gave 1 pellet soaked and then offered weeds as well.

Tl;dr:
How much mazuri to offer a 2in long baby.

Attachments

• 20190620_093616.jpg
    20190620_093616.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you find he's eating it to the exclusion of the greens, then I'd cut back to every other week or so, but I think one soaked pellet a couple times a week would be ok.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
I plan on only feeding once a week right now. He eats AMAZINGLY- every single weed I offer, so I don't want to mess with a good thing. Of course if I put mazuri in, he will immediately go for that like a kid with candy, haha. He is like that with flowers as well, heh.

I assume they eat enough green stuffs- today they have so far eaten a large violet leaf, dandelion leaf, 3/4 a plantain leaf, and is trying out some clover for the first time, at the moment.

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
So would one pellet soaked be a proper serving for a 2in baby?

Mull112

Burton
Plus the greens I think that would be fine me personally I never feed my lil guy mazuri didnt like them

counting

5 Year Member
Canada
Plus the greens I think that would be fine me personally I never feed my lil guy mazuri didnt like them
It was free, he likes it, and I think it might be good to have him tske it in the winter months since I am in a VERY cold climate.