How long did it take for you tort to open up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
I don't even think my RF likes me! Let alone warm up to me. I have had him a few months. I think he's afraid of me because every time he sees me, I spray him down. Plus, I think since he turned a year he has become a teenage brat. He gets all huffy and pulls himself inside and hisses. Not always but I'm just not feeling the love. He does let me rub his head but come on.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Sheldon started getting all up in my face and being fearless about a month ago. Got him in November.

jerm42991

5 Year Member
Mine took about a month, he didn't eat the first week and a half I had him, now he is up waiting for me in the morning. In my opinion the biggest thing is for them to see you as a care taker and provider as appose to the big thing that wants to eat me. Food, water, warmth, and safety are 4 biggest things they need. Every morning I would place food in his dish, "make it rain" and when he gets taken out he has his exploratory time, but then we will go on the bed or couch and he will cuddle in as close as he can, which provides the warmth and safety.

I could be completely off base, but its what I like to think

kibow

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast michigan
Thanks everyone there is a lot of variety in the torts warming up to their owners. This morning Atlas stretched way out in his soak, drunk a little water but still no poo. He did hiss at me when I picked him up today tho :( hopefully moving in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.