how do I post pictures?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Personally I have a tort though I do NOT know what species it is, whether it is a male or a female and how old it is. I was asked by Yvone to post a photo of it, BUT...have not been able to take the said phot. I've a dell laptop which has a camera. However I don't know how this works. Do you have any idea? I'd very much appreciate your help & thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Personally I have a tort though I do NOT know what species it is, whether it is a male or a female and how old it is. I was asked by Yvone to post a photo of it, BUT...have not been able to take the said phot. I've a dell laptop which has a camera. However I don't know how this works. Do you have any idea? I'd very much appreciate your help & thanks.
Down load the tortoise forums app with your smart phone. Take a pic of it with your phone and post the pic.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida

Maybe with the dell camera you might have a user manual, or if its one of those useless user manuals that hardly say anything maybe go to dell support or forum and ask how to use your camera.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Cameras on a computer won't take good photos. I'd suggest using a smart phone. The computer will produce photos of him, but photos from a smartphone are almost always clearer :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Maybe with the dell camera you might have a user manual, or if its one of those useless user manuals that hardly say anything maybe go to dell support or forum and ask how to use your camera.
Thanks very much your help. Appreciate it.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Cameras on a computer won't take good photos. I'd suggest using a smart phone. The computer will produce photos of him, but photos from a smartphone are almost always clearer :)
Thanks your help. The thing is I do NOT have a smartphone and CANNOT AFFORD one at the moment. I'll contact Dell to see if they can help. Thanks again your help.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thanks your help. The thing is I do NOT have a smartphone and CANNOT AFFORD one at the moment. I'll contact Dell to see if they can help. Thanks again your help.
Ask a friend to use their phone or digital camera and email it to your computer then save the photo and post it.

M

Maggie Cummings

You cannot care for it correctly if you don't know what species it is. They all require different care...

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
You cannot care for it correctly if you don't know what species it is. They all require different care...
Believe me I am doing ALL I can to care fo it after A LOT of research and I mean A LOT here. And I can tell you one thing: I know things are fine, but they ma not be perfect...What of people who own pets WITHOUT reading WITHOUT the net, and consequently WITHOUT a forum??

M

Maggie Cummings

Have you tried just describing it to us? Or looking at a bazillion pictures of chelonia on-line? Are you sure it's a tortoise and not a box turtle? Is it real friendly with a hinge on it's plastron? Just trying to help...

ShellShock13

5 Year Member
I have a smartphone but I don't have a computer. How can I upload pictures?

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I have a smartphone but I don't have a computer. How can I upload pictures?
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412671786.214833.jpg
Click on: "Write Reply".
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412671801.486938.jpg
Click on one of the two options for posting a photo, the Camera icon or the landscape icon.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412671886.142821.jpg
The camera icon is on top of keyboard, on the left side. Use it to directly capture photos and post them.
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1412671976.688943.jpg
The landscape icon, the icon to the right of the camera icon, is used to post pictures from your phone's library.