how do i give panacur

Status
Not open for further replies.

krh11b23

5 Year Member
Ok so the vet gave me panacur today, but he doesnt seem to know how to give it. My tort is 130grams and he said the dosage would be .1 ml/cc. The only way I got him to take it today was by putting the liquid on mazuri and he ate it. Does anyone know how many doses to give for sure? He first told me to give 1 dose a day for 5 days then wait 2 weeks and repeat. Later he told me to do only 1 dose once then wait 2 weeks and do it again once. Has anyone ever done this before, and if so how did u do it?

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So Cal
I do it once and then two weeks later. Some people I know do it every three days for three doses. I don't know which Panacur you are using but with the 100mg/kg paste - my calculations would be a dose of .07. This is the formula my vet uses though, so if you're not sure about what your vet wants you to do, call and ask for more specific instructions. Good luck!

MikeCow1

5 Year Member
Orange County, CA
I would do the one dose then wait a week or so. The first dose will kill the living worms the second is to kill the eggs that have hatched. Then maybe a third treatment in another week

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
krh11b23 said:
Ok so the vet gave me panacur today, but he doesnt seem to know how to give it. My tort is 130grams and he said the dosage would be .1 ml/cc. The only way I got him to take it today was by putting the liquid on mazuri and he ate it. Does anyone know how many doses to give for sure? He first told me to give 1 dose a day for 5 days then wait 2 weeks and repeat. Later he told me to do only 1 dose once then wait 2 weeks and do it again once. Has anyone ever done this before, and if so how did u do it?

The dose your vet told you above is the exact same dose the vet prescribed for my Russian and it worked (0.1ml once followed by 0.1ml 2 weeks later). However, my Russian was over twice as heavy as your sully and that may make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.