How deep should the water be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Denver, Colorado
How deep should the pool be in an ornate wood turtle enclosure? Should it be shallow, like an inch or two over the shell, or deep enough to give swimming room?

And how well do they get along with each other?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I don't own a wood turtle, but if it's semi-aquatic, I would put enough water in it so that it can swim if it wants. You should also have a platform for him to get out and bask if he wants. Someone will be along to help you out, buy really, you can do a search on the forum and see if your questions can be answered. Also, I just recently read something about these turtles on the web. I simply did a Google search.

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
I have looked it up with google searches but I keep finding conflicting answers, saying make the tank like I would for a water turtle but with a lot more land as well, and others saying just enough water to cover the shell completely. So I wasn't sure which is better for them. Can a wood turtle swim as well as a water turtle?

bmt123

5 Year Member
I think that if you put room in for it to swim than it will swim but if you just have enough to cover the shell then thats ok to.

Status
Not open for further replies.