How big is your sully and what do you keep it in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Alysciaingram, that's a fantastic enclosure. Looks so nice.
I'm curious: how did you sink it to prevent digging out?
Is that greenhouse structure something you purchased and does it get hot enough as a basking area? Does your tort use it?
Are all your plants edible? And accessible? Or are some decoration?
Sorry to bombard you, just love the look and would like a summer enclosure similar for Benny in a couple years

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

alysciaingram

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Sh3wulf said:
Alysciaingram, that's a fantastic enclosure. Looks so nice.
I'm curious: how did you sink it to prevent digging out?
Is that greenhouse structure something you purchased and does it get hot enough as a basking area? Does your tort use it?
Are all your plants edible? And accessible? Or are some decoration?
Sorry to bombard you, just love the look and would like a summer enclosure similar for Benny in a couple years

Two kids, One husband, One Hines57, One Leopard Tortoise, and a room at the sanitarium lol

Thanks, I haven't made a thread for it yet since I haven't got it finished exactly how I want it yet. But yes, everything is edible and tortoise safe. She has a total of six hide options, all of which she uses. My coldframe was purchased, not made, but I think when she gets a big bigger I am going to make my own. I am not exactly thrilled with this design and it is very flimsy for the amount I spent on it. She does use it though every morning to bask and warm up. Also when it rains during the day she likes to go inside and wait for it to pass. I have to build a hide in that area, but like I said this enclosure has been a work in progress over the last 5 months. The enclosure sides were built with a trench, then I placed large logs from my tree that I cut down and placed them in the ground. I then placed the patio bricks in the dirt flushed with the logs (which is why it is uneven in some places). On the interior of the enclosure I placed large river stones around the perimeter and covered the top with dirt. Luckily my tortoise has several areas where she can dig, and has never tried to dig her way out.

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
It's a fantastic enclosure. I so hope you will start a thread with this as your topic. Would love to see your finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies.