SK105_zps6bc46589.jpg
SK114_zpsf5e4cc8b.jpg

JD~:shy:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I'm looking at bare, snow covered trees out my windows and your feeding a big beautiful, perfect flower to your tortoise. Okay, he/she deserves the flower, but you could have snap a pic of the untouched flower first:p :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
wellington said:
I'm looking at bare, snow covered trees out my windows and your feeding a big beautiful, perfect flower to your tortoise. Okay, he/she deserves the flower, but you could have snap a pic of the untouched flower first:p :D

Ok Barb ..... I got yer back ..:p
cw9_zps72daaf55.jpg

HB59_zps3b3fba0e.jpg
HB58_zps631cc40c.jpg
....and to just rub it in ...;) some other Winter Blooms ...
HB57_zpsca81f514.jpg
HB56_zps1bb170f1.jpg

and one of my favo Bamboo's .. with a new shooter ....
HB55_zpsa9a8d2f3.jpg

JD~ :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Okay, now I'm peed and jealous and is that a gardenia? The Birds of Paradise, you have my yard, with all my favorite flowers. Darn you, you better take extra special care and really love and enjoy my yard:p :D I tried to grow a bird of paradise once from seeds I stole from a flower while in Hawaii, on our honeymoon, oops, don't tell anyone, it didn't work:( never did anything. Okay, I'll quite gripping. Thanks for the lovely pics. They are beautiful. :)

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
We don't have hibiscus that color here. Your radiata skin is pretty yellow, nice color along with the flower.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
tortadise said:
Is that moso thorny bamboo JD?

Actually Kelly .... it's Phyllostachys Viriis " Sulphureas"
**Amazing Perfect Vertical stipes (all different thickness)
One of my other hobbies ...." Bamboo" I own about 9 different varities at current, even some miniture " dwarf" boo's .,,,,

JD~:)

wellington said:
Okay, now I'm peed and jealous and is that a gardenia? The Birds of Paradise, you have my yard, with all my favorite flowers. Darn you, you better take extra special care and really love and enjoy my yard:p :D I tried to grow a bird of paradise once from seeds I stole from a flower while in Hawaii, on our honeymoon, oops, don't tell anyone, it didn't work:( never did anything. Okay, I'll quite gripping. Thanks for the lovely pics. They are beautiful. :)

Actually Barb ...it's Camellias. I do love them gardenias though.....awesome smelling . Right up there with night blooming jasmine....:D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah i like bamboo too. I had some moso black giant thorny years back. That was some big stuff let me tell yah.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
JD, that' just mean...all the beautiful flowers/plants we can't grow for ourselves:'( I'm drooling over your flowers like your tort there lol. You live in California, don't you? I guess your climate allows you to grow all kinds of things. Is there anything that can't grow for you?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Ohhhhhhhhhhh flowers! We are expecting 7 in. of snow by Friday. Your Birds of Paradise are beautiful. When I got married they were in my bouquet. I always tried to grow one, but never got it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.