Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have a very nice colony of 1.6 eastern box turtles. I've been toying with the idea of getting another male, but I don't know if that would change the dynamic.

I have quite a few males and females in the 3-toe habitat and never see any fighting, but I'm not sure about the easterns.

katelyn0974

5 Year Member
Paradise
I have three, two females and a male. They get along great and enjoy each others company.

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I have several male and female gulf coast box turtles housed together. Only once have I had to seperate a large male who was given to me because he was super aggressive(from being apart from females for a decade lol) and killed a female. But that is totally not the norm. I think you should be just fine with easterns because they aren't as aggressive as large gulf coast can be.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Re: RE: Housing together?

diamondbp said:
I have several male and female gulf coast box turtles housed together. Only once have I had to seperate a large male who was given to me because he was super aggressive(from being apart from females for a decade lol) and killed a female. But that is totally not the norm. I think you should be just fine with easterns because they aren't as aggressive as large gulf coast can be.

Wow, did he literally kill her? And how?

sent from mobile device using TFO app

gieseygirly

5 Year Member
Ohio
I thought so, but wasn't positive. When I was younger we always housed them separately, but brought them out in the yard together for periods of time and never had any problems. Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.