Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Robyn, Crazy1, is coming to visit me on Saturday!

Now, "house cleaning," "dusting," "vacuuming," are no longer words in my vocabulary. Since I live alone and am rarely in the house, I say, "Who needs it?"

A couple weeks ago Sandy, Katesgoey, came and picked up a Russian tortoise from me. I did tidy up the inside a little bit, however, I've gotten used to not wearing my glasses because I HATE the frames. They drive me crazy!!! So I'm usually walking around in a fog and not really seeing everything there is to see.

For some reason, this a.m. I had my glasses on and was feeding the baby tortoises in my laundry room. Also, the light was on. I happened to look up and omg!!! there must've been 8 daddy long legs all around the ceiling in there. The laundry room is just off my kitchen, in the house!

So, I apologize to Sandy for inviting her into the spider's dusty den, but I'm not making the same mistake with Robyn's visit. I kept my glasses on, and I actually dusted, vacuumed and cleaned! One could actually live here now!

Can't wait to see you, Robyn! Have a safe trip.

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yvonne - you must be so excited about Robyn's visit! Your home was very neat and tidy when I was there - didn't notice any spiders, but if I had I would've just assumed you were also into spider rescue:) I'm sure they weren't there when I was there anyway because it's getting colder so they're coming inside now. I'm doing my "fall cleaning" this week since we host the family Thanksgiving dinner each year - and I've found my own collection of spider webs here and there that I know weren't there Saturday when I last cleaned in the same areas. Enjoy your visit with Robyn!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, you're being too generous. Those webs had dust on them and the ceiling in the laundry room looked like Halloween.

Spider rescue...LOL!! thanks for the idea!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yvonne, I am sure that you 2 will have a lot of fun :D I am sure that Robyn and you are very excited!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Have fun with Robyn she's very nice. I didn't know that you were going to have a girls weekend though. You should have told us. Since Robyn and I live fairly close maybe you can send back a tortoise for me with her. :p I know, I know Dudley probably wouldn't fit in her car. :D Oh well have a lot of fun without us girls, but do take lots of pictures. I can't wait to see them.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Robyn is your daughter watching your tortoises while your at Yvonnes this weekend? Are you thinking of picking up another tortoise while your at Yvonnes? Yvonne do you have the house ready yet? :D Don't forget pictures we always like pictures. :p

Madortoise

5 Year Member
I'm sure you two will enjoy the visit regardless of some bugs here and there.
I always said spiders are beneficial creatures but my husband likes to suck them into a vacuum cleaner. Now, moths eat up my yarns/fabrics so I go after them with my electric racket like a mad woman and it zaps them to powders. sorry moths....

katesgoey

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Robyn, Yvonne: Can't wait to hear about the visit and whether Yvonne's spider rescue operation is booming or now defunct:)

Robyn - did you see the kitty that "isn't there?" It is a gorgeous feline.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Robyn isn't planning to stay the whole week-end. She emailed me at 4:30 this a.m. saying she is on the road. I expect her in another hour or so. I don't envy her that long trip by herself.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Yvonne, was just wondering how your weekend (or day) with Robyn went? Did you get any pictures of the two of you together for us to see? Did she rescue any tortoises from you? :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I had a very nice visit with Robyn. It was the first time meeting in person. She had such a long drive to get back home that she didn't stay long, but we walked around and looked at pens and animals, then visited for a bit. When she left, she took two baby Texas tortoises with her.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
So what you're saying is that Dudley really wouldn't fit in her car? He could have come and visited Dale. :D Did you get any pictures of you two or not?

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I can't remember the last time I "cleaned" the house, the only thing I clean is the cat box, but I plan on getting a automated one so I don't even have to do that.

does vaccuming count as cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.