• Thread starter Maggie Cummings
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

spring pace

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
topanga, california
that im gonna do, hope i can wipe out the population like maggie did in her garden. there are fewer as it gets warmer out and its only my first season doing it, so ill see next spring how much of an impact i make. smiles, spring

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
I just love the Bob pictures. and yes the story brought back memories of my own child hood cook outs with friends and family and big watermellon.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Awwwww BOB YOU ARE SO CUTE !!!!! Maggie, I just absolutely love seeing pics of Bob, I love the pic of him taking the HUGE bite of the melon! I do the same HAHA. Hahahaha and I also can't stop laughing about your woody comment hahahaha, I can soooo see you running away from him hahaha. Thanks for the laugh!

Talking Hands

5 Year Member
maggie3fan said:
Hey Spring, be sure to let us know what the Vet says about Gali, I know you have worked very hard to give him the best life possible...and he has repaid you by every time you look out at him and see how happy he is.
I think you need to get a water turtle or a box turtle to eats those snails. I used to get a s---load of snails and slugs when I first moved here, but after collecting them everyday and feeding my box turtles and aquatics...I ran out...no more slugs, no more snails...

For boxies, sow or pill bugs work great. Find in yard under rocks and stuff. Boxies LOVE THOSE. Can order online also.

spring pace

5 Year Member
topanga, california
tortoisenerd said:
Spring-What about a large Rubbermaid type plastic container? That's always handy to have for the tort or other things around the house. I have a mental image of Galileo with his head sticking out the window! Someone here posted a picture of a desert tort doing that once. It was so cute.

ive got a rubbermaid i used that year, not nearly as much room for him this year, so thats what im putting him in. next year itll be the plastic lined floorboard IF i can get him up the 22 steps to my car so he can look out the window w/ his toungue hanging out. think im gonna have to make that happen, it would be a great picture, thanks for the visual :cool:

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
San Diego CA
I love Bob!

Did you give him the rind too? Does he eat it?

Ralph got ahold of some cherry tomatoes (thanks to my son) and went nuts over them...searching and searching for more.

M

Maggie Cummings

I just quarter a melon and he eats the whole thing, rind and all. I'd say that he likes watermelon better than strawberries even...

Status
Not open for further replies.