Hibernating

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
Well I have a pair of Russians, a pair of Greeks and a pair of Hermanns hibernating.

I am so worried about them, I just want to check them every hour...

I feel like a mom that's sending her kid on the first school trip!( actually no! When my kids went on their first trip I thought! Yes peace )

Do you guys get that feeling also? Or am I just being mom?:shy:

I have another 5 torts that are being over wintered, one is a baby sully and the others are Greeks that came to me sick, small or underweight.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
See thats why I won't be hibernating any of mine, I would be way to worried about them..

I would so be feeling like you...

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I worry too. I weigh mine before letting them go down, then I weigh them every week for the first four weeks and then every other week after that. If they lose more than 5% of their weight I pull them up. This helps me get through it a little easier.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
When the CDTs brumated outdoors on their own...I was a wreck and then that crazy was supported by the last two winters (soooo much rain and then rain with freezing temps) and actually had to dig em out near the end of the winter as it got toooo crazy....this year they are all safely tucked into their sleeping beauty boxes in a quiet, cool, DRY and other critter free closet....I peeped em today and they have not even mucked up their boxes....just all doing well....

So yes, I understand your concern...I also know that there are so many reason I let them do their evolutionary thing....so while I miss em and look forward to their little butts in a few months or so I let them be, CDTs. I do peek in on them from time to time and tickle a foot to assure they are all clear and peek at their overall look and box and then back out of their dark closet and let them be....

I wish all your torts a happy and healthy brumation....:D

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Well one of the Hermanns was wandering around outside today! It's the weather, it's all over the place.

So I have had to bring her in..

Status
Not open for further replies.