Hi, This is the first time I've ever posted on this site but I'm really worried I hav

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyaRyaRya

5 Year Member
Hi,
This is the first time I've ever posted on this site but I'm really worried
I have two Greek spur thighed tortoise that come from the same clutch and are nearly two years old, I've had them since they were 10 months
One of them has recently wiggled backwards/ shook himself for a few moments, and then again a minute later
I just want to know what kind of behaviour this is
I've checed his shell, eyes, nose, mouth/tongue, skin and nails and they all are normal . He's active and not refusing food
I'd be grateful for any help
Thank you

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME:D. I am not sure. But this post will give you a bump so more can see and hopefully know what it's doing.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
RE: Hi, This is the first time I've ever posted on this site but I'm really worried

Hello and welcome :)

If there really is no loss of appetite or change in levels of activity, I would not worry. My Greek does weird inexplicable things from time to time, but it's only when his health or weight noticeably declines that I worry.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! It doesn't sound like anything you need to worry about, as his health seems fine. Do they have names?

RyaRyaRya

5 Year Member
Thanks so much, I was a bit worried because it seemed a bit violent and I hadn't seen it before
They do have names; the one doing the shaking is called Wolfie and the other is named Tehppy
I'd attach a picture if I knew how to do it from my phone :G

RyaRyaRya

5 Year Member
I don't think my reply was sent D;
Thanks for all your help
They do have names :)
The shaking one is called Wolfie and the other, Tehppy
This site is really helpful! Thanks again

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Maybe he did it because it felt good....maybe he is a male and he was up against a piece of the substrate and well, it felt good :p

As the others shared, if there is no change in his overall normal, I would not worry.....

Also, if you have a pic on your phone, you can go to the reply section of this thread enter your post then scroll down below the post box to where it says New Attachment and click on Choose File, find your pic and select it...then when you get back to the New Attachment/Choose File click on add attachment and then click on post reply....your pic should attach....:D

Status
Not open for further replies.