hi newbie alert

Status
Not open for further replies.

shayneclarke

5 Year Member
hi everyone! bought my first hermanns tortoise today, called him beans! hes hatched 2011 and got the cites certificate. really happy with him hes so sweet. booked in to get checked with vets on wednesday and check his microchip matches whats on the certificate. my best mates a vet nurse and shes gone crazy happy about it and booked us in so shes there for the appointment lol

just a couple of questions really if okay.

what should i do if the microchip number is differant than whats on the form? should i contact the shop? just wondering incase

is it normal for him to bury himself completely rather than use hides?

theyve used a marker pen to right the number 37 on his shell.. can i get it off somehow?

thanks for help and good to meet you all!

Attachments

• 971047_429943487125271_1102133948_n.jpg
    971047_429943487125271_1102133948_n.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 32

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Shayne, and welcome to the Forum!

I think you'll just have to wait while the ink wears off on its own. You can maybe help it along a little by rubbing the shell with a soft cloth occasionally.

As to the numbers not matching...I have no knowledge of that (living in the states where we don't have to have certs), so we'll wait to hear from someone in the UK to help you on that problem.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Welcome to the Forum and pretty baby....:D May I ask, what type of substrate is that? Do you also have an area that has soil type substrate?

Status
Not open for further replies.