another newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
uk
hi my name is Bobbierose and my ex got our daughter a spurred tortoise for her birthday his name is timmy but we call him sailor as a nick name i was wandering if anyone has any info on his breed and how to actually take care of him as his previouse owner wasn't much help and yes we have his certificate too

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:) Can you post a picture.

hi and thank you im still trying to figure out this webpage i will as soon as possible

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
ok i got the picture up lol took my time but its done here is sailor aka timmy [/align]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Bobbierose, and welcome to the Forum!

Since your tortoise comes with a certificate, I'm going to take a wild guess that you're in the UK! So you probably have a Greek or a Hermann's. I can't make your avatar any bigger, and I'm not good at I.D.ing the Mediterranean species of tortoise, so you'll have to wait until someone else can tell you what you've got. But from your avatar picture, Timmy, aka Sailor, is a fine-looking tortoise!!!

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
Yvonne G said:
Hi Bobbierose, and welcome to the Forum!

Since your tortoise comes with a certificate, I'm going to take a wild guess that you're in the UK! So you probably have a Greek or a Hermann's. I can't make your avatar any bigger, and I'm not good at I.D.ing the Mediterranean species of tortoise, so you'll have to wait until someone else can tell you what you've got. But from your avatar picture, Timmy, aka Sailor, is a fine-looking tortoise!!!

i was told that he is a african spurred tortoise or so his previous owner said to my ex but still im not sure and yep im from the uk ill try and take a few more pics of him

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Go to tinypic.com. Upload any size photo and copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Ok, then what you have is more than likely a spur thighed tortoise. They usually aren't referred to as Africans, but more as Greeks. The African spurred tortoise is a sulcata, and your tort is deff. NOT a sulcata.

When you figure out how to post pictures, the folks in the know are going to want to see a shot looking straight down, a side shot and a bottom shot, looking straight down.

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello Bobbierose and welcome to TFO !! :)

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
here are the pics
qmym1s.jpg

rh902h.jpg

21ennl1.jpg

v6nip2.jpg

e7jvro.jpg

9swlyf.jpg

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
Tom said:
Go to tinypic.com. Upload any size photo and copy/paste the IMG code into your forum post.

here are the pics
qmym1s.jpg

rh902h.jpg

21ennl1.jpg

v6nip2.jpg

e7jvro.jpg

9swlyf.jpg

Bodie-doe

5 Year Member
uk
so is there any clue as to what breed he is

Vitality

5 Year Member
Looks like a mediterranean tortoise. Maybe a russian or greek.

Status
Not open for further replies.