HI just wondering if this is male or female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
On another thread Danny said that the line between the femoral and anal scutes on a male is generally straight. On a female, there is a dip. That is what this one looks like to me, and that is why I said female (thanks Danny, I really do retain info :p )

So, now we just need Danny to confirm, lol.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
I would be hard put to guess female, and would like a slightly different shot of the plastron; more angled from the side (not full side but maybe 45*) - the straight on shot is difficult to see if the plastron is straight or has a curve to it.

congrats on your tort.
and if a female

ANOTHER GIRL FOR ARIZONA!!!!!!

teri

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
I was asleep :p

I agree with Kristina :) It's a female :D

Danny

Livingstone

10 Year Member!
Richmond, Va
Young male, but a photo from the rear with 4 on the floor would seal the deal. Everybody says Female because the femoral scutes have the shape, but alot of young males carry their tail to the side like that. Based on the tail Id say male, based on the scutes female.

Take another photo of it walking away from the rear. It could be a girl and just scared because you flipped it over? Id tuck my genitals too if someone rolled me over.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
the person i might buy it from says that it is a male and has a slight concave plastron and they say they will give me no more pics and they only gave me two pics and they were both taken with the tortoise on its back.

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
dan can you check my other picture now and are you sure its a female with the other picture to help identify if it is a male or female.

Status
Not open for further replies.