Hi im new and from California

Brandon.v.mochida

Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
Hi my name is Brandon Mochida and i am from Fremont, California and i am so excited about Torts, particulary Russian Tortoises,
I have already started shopping for supplies. I have an improvised house for the tortoise some calcium and a daylight for the animal i am planning on getting soon so im really excited.
Just for your info i do have about $40 saved up and my job as a sign waver is going slow. Steady but slow.

I get paid about $205 per pay check and i wanted to reach out and ask for some advice, and any possible adoptions for the tortoise of my dreams.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brandon, and welcome to the Forum!

Are you one of those energetic sign wavers who dances and twirls while waving? I always wish I could stay a while and watch those guys, but the light turns green and I have to drive on.

Here's a good place to start:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/threads/beginner-mistakes.45180/

And don't make the mistake of thinking that because a Russian is a small tortoise he can live in a small space. Russian tortoises need a lot of roaming room. I would say minimum 4'x8'. A used book case laying on its back with the shelves removed then lined with plastic would do the trick.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

keepergale

5 Year Member
san diego
Welcome to the forum. Don't buy any supply's from your local pet store just yet. Many beginners waste so much money on pet store supply's that are not as useful or safe as things purchased at Home Depot. Do your homework and make your expenditures count. To rework a old phrase: read twice and purchase once.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hello, Brandon, and a very warm welcome to Tortoise Forum.
Stick around here and ask any questions you have, the folks here have the best and cheapest possibilities. :)