skuttle

5 Year Member
hi guys im new in this forum. i just recently bought two sulcatas

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kent, South East England
hello and welcome.:)

Be sure to read the sticky threads on the Sulcata forum concerning diet and care http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-88.html

Sulcatas don't live well as pairs together in captivity. They start small and get big. Their ideas get big long before they do.

In the wild, they are solitary. They don't get lonely or need or want company. In captivity this leads to bullying and fighting. You must watch them. If either fails to thrive or becomes quiet or they start fighting, they must be separated immediately and this may well have to be permanent.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Skuttle:

Welcome to the Forum!

rnbslitheringhouse

5 Year Member
JoesMum said:
hello and welcome.:)

Be sure to read the sticky threads on the Sulcata forum concerning diet and care http://www.tortoiseforum.org/forum-88.html

Sulcatas don't live well as pairs together in captivity. They start small and get big. Their ideas get big long before they do.

In the wild, they are solitary. They don't get lonely or need or want company. In captivity this leads to bullying and fighting. You must watch them. If either fails to thrive or becomes quiet or they start fighting, they must be separated immediately and this may well have to be permanent.

I just bought two as well thx for the info. I'm glad I bought two of everything just incase...

Leopard Tortoise Lover 16199

5 Year Member
Hi, and Welcome to the forum!! :). there are lots of people here that are experienced & very knowledgeable about sulcatas here. Good luck with your little ones!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Nice lookin torts.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

shanu303

5 Year Member
India
Hello and Welcome to TFO!! :) really smooth and nice looking shells...

Status
Not open for further replies.