hi guys I'm back

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Bodfish
So after I lost jinx and Jewels I made the desision to stop for a while and just let it sink in... It's been 3 months scence I last got on and talked soo here I go... I have bertha and I'm thinking I might get a new (hopefully older) baby but I need the right one from the right breeder... I almost gave up but I'm going to try again... that being said Bertha has GROWN :) She is like 5 more pounds and she OWNS the back yard... I will post pictures soon.. My dog Lady who sleeps with my bunny, plays with my rats and gets pushed around by my bird loves to watch Bertha.. She will walk right to her and lay in the sun with her... (I fully trust this dog with ANY of my animals) I worked at a petstore and a vet for years and I still have never met a nicer more docile dog in my life.. She is the only dog I let with my other animals. So my life is good and my baby Bertha is bigger

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Brooke and welcome back!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Glad you came back. Good luck. Enjoy. Just have to say it though. Before you have another heart break, please do not leave your dog unattended with your torts. Everyone that has had a bad tort, dog encounter, all thought they could totally trust their dog. I have many supposed natural enemy animals, that all seem to get along, bird, dog, cat, lizard, tort, etc. but I would never leave any of them alone with each other. When unsupervised, that's when it will happen. It's happened too many times. Better to just not do it then to be sorry later that you didn't listen.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Welcome back! I dont think I know you but I am glad you have not given up! :) Best of luck to you and your babies!!

BrookeB

10 Year Member!
Bodfish
Thanks for the input guys and the welcome backs :)
wellington said:
Glad you came back. Good luck. Enjoy. Just have to say it though. Before you have another heart break, please do not leave your dog unattended with your torts. Everyone that has had a bad tort, dog encounter, all thought they could totally trust their dog. I have many supposed natural enemy animals, that all seem to get along, bird, dog, cat, lizard, tort, etc. but I would never leave any of them alone with each other. When unsupervised, that's when it will happen. It's happened too many times. Better to just not do it then to be sorry later that you didn't listen.
I would trust this dog with ANY animal at any time... I am not worried but thank you for your input

Laurie

5 Year Member
Saratoga County, New York
Welcome back Brooke! I do have to agree with Wellington on this one about the dog though. No matter how "nice" you think your dog is, please don't leave them unsupervised. Dogs aren't trying to be "mean" when they chew on tortoises, its no different than a chew toy for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.