Hi From Traci and Jacobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

smittie233

5 Year Member
60477_10151815901746753_2145321792_n.jpg:tort:So glad to join your forum and hoping to learn a lot from all of you. I recently adopted Jacobi from a great lady in Holland, MI. Jacobi lives in my pet store and is the star feature in the store and the whole community. Jacobi is a 3 year old Sulcata Tortoise and has quickly stolen my heart. He already weighs about 20 pounds and any and all diet requirements you all can offer me as advice would be welcomed. We live in Onaway, MI which is about and hour south of the Mackinaw Bridge. We look forward to getting to know you fellow tortoise and turtle lovers. Thanks, Traci and Jacobi

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hey, I missed the Holland MI part. I used to live in Muskegon, now Chicago. Love the upper Michigan the best. We're you vacationing in Holland?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Traci, and welcome to the forum!

You probably don't recognize it because Jacobi is new to you, but he is very dirty. Put him into a shallow tub of warm water and just let him sit there for about a half hour. Then take a soft bristle brush and scrub those dirty legs and his shell.

Sulcata tortoises of that size get most of their food from grazing. They eat whatever grows in their yard...grass, weeds, even your prize roses!

smittie233

5 Year Member
No, I drove to Holland when I found Jacobi on FB for sale because his former owner couldn't keep him anymore, and I have a pet store. I was going to buy a Sulcata baby and it couldn't have been more perfect, Jacobi was already 3 yrs old and already past the dangerous baby stage. So I drove from Onaway and picked him up in Holland .
wellington said:
Hey, I missed the Holland MI part. I used to live in Muskegon, now Chicago. Love the upper Michigan the best. We're you vacationing in Holland?

smittie233

5 Year Member
Really? I bathe him daily but I didn't scrub him with a brush, so I take a brush and scrub his shell and legs? I will take him home today and let him clean up my yard, it will save me from mowing. LOL Thank you so much
Yvonne G said:
Hi Traci, and welcome to the forum!

You probably don't recognize it because Jacobi is new to you, but he is very dirty. Put him into a shallow tub of warm water and just let him sit there for about a half hour. Then take a soft bristle brush and scrub those dirty legs and his shell.

Sulcata tortoises of that size get most of their food from grazing. They eat whatever grows in their yard...grass, weeds, even your prize roses!

Status
Not open for further replies.