Hi from me and Boosh!

booshsmummy

Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi everyone!

I've just found this forum (Boosh's vet recommended it) so thought I would come and join and say hello!

We gave Boosh (a 9 month old Horsfield tortoise) a home in October. My brother had bought him and realised (after neglecting other pets too) that he just didn't want him anymore, he couldn't be bothered with the hassle. I had always said I wanted a tortoise but knew very little about him. We had to give him a home quickly and I've had to learn a lot!

We absolutely adore him. He is so special. He brightens my day. Before we gave him a home he was being fed only cauliflower and grapes. My brother didn't have any lights for him and just had him in a box with a heat mat type thing. I threw that away immediately and bought everything he needs. I took him to the vets and luckily (considering he didn't have the best start) he is doing very well. I'm still learning but I'm doing my absolute best for this little guy, I would be devastated if anything were to happen to him. I'm so very happy we gave him a home.

This is Boosh!

Just after he came to live with us

I'm looking forward to reading some posts and learning some more! :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, Boosh looks great! I'm happy to hear that your vet turned you onto our Forum!

Welcome!!

booshsmummy

UK
Thank you! I've been posting in a Facebook group too which has been wonderful but I've used forums for years and this looks great :D

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Do we get to see your enclosure also ? Cute tort ! Russians Rule ! Have a great tort day !

booshsmummy

UK
I keep meaning to take a picture of his home! I will get on to that in a bit :)