Hi Everyone

ravensgirl

Location (City and/or State)
Dundee, Scotland
Hello everyone, I'm Debbie and currently I don't have a tortoise but for the past year or so I have been thinking about getting one, I just started working in a reptile shop and have fallen in love with the redfoots we have in so I can seriously see myself coming home with one!

So I have joined the forum to learn more before I become a tortoise mum. I currently have bearded dragons, crested and leopard geckos african pygmy hedgehogs and some snakes :) so I'm no stranger to the exotics and am really excited to learn more about these amazing creatures!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello,and Welcome:) Besides this forum, one of our members has another good site for tortoise owners, specially RF. Check it out. Tortoiselibrary.com

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Debbie, and welcome to the Forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Debbie welcome to the TFO from AZ . Good luck with your future tort .

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hi Debbie and welcome to the Forum. Good to have you here.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Just remember tortoises are addictive . You will get one then the next thing you know you will have 11 . I started with one red ear slider . Then I got a red foot . Then one more red foot .then one more slider . Then two snappers . Then one more red foot . Then a sulcata . The one more red foot . Then one more sulcata . Then a leopard tortoise . All in a few years . Just make sure you are ready with a big indoor enclosure and a big outdoor enclosure . Red footed tortoises are awesome . If I had to choose the sulcatas over the reds it would be the reds . They just need humidity and heat with a good diet . Then they will love you for life . My reds come running when I'm by their enclosure . The sulcatas are a little stuck up . They will come to me when I have food for them .

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Comr running is right. They even carry their hide with them. So funny to see what happens as they grow. I love red foot because they have a varied diet. They'll eat greens, flowers and worms. And they don't get too big. Welcome to the best site ever.

ravensgirl

Dundee, Scotland
Thank you for all the warm welcomes folks! The little redfoots in the shop come right to the front when I come in in the morning. Hope it won't be too long before I get to bring one home but am in no rush - want to learn as much as I can :)