Hi all, please help me Identify and sex my torts, I rescued them and do not know what they are.

HermanniChris

TFO Sponsor
10 Year Member!
If Morocco is their origin then what you've actually got is T. g. marokkensis. Better pics can help, but as babies, the 3 main North African Greeks which I've named are nearly impossible to differentiate.

pam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Welcome :) Soooooooooooooooooooooo cute :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
If Morocco is their origin then what you've actually got is T. g. marokkensis. Better pics can help, but as babies, the 3 main North African Greeks which I've named are nearly impossible to differentiate.

And for the OPs purposes, care would be essentially the same for all three, wouldn't it?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
They are adorable. I'm glad you were able to rescue them. check out the Greek tortoise section for a care sheet other species specific information. they are fragile when they are babies so it is important that their care is correct. But you have come to the right place here. keep asking questions and we will help as much as we can.

Maddhippy

UK
I will put some photos on later, just got to get some subsratae for them.

Maddhippy

UK
And for the OPs purposes, care would be essentially the same for all three, wouldn't it?
Thanks for the help, I will put the rest of the enclosure together today and try to pick up any lighting or other things I will need to care for them.. I just hope I can keep them alive to thrive, My knowledge of torts could fill a very small postage stamp, I am learning quickly thanks to all on here :)

Maddhippy

UK
DSC_0280.JPG Hi, they are ok I think, one seems to be very quiet and spends a lot of time inside it's shell, it eats loads and empties loads too, it drinks as well so maybe just a lazybones? they both share a table but I am building a new one to separate them in case of bullying... any recommendation on the size of uvb lamp i need?