Hey! Im New. HELP

2angelous7

Location (City and/or State)
Montréal, Quebec
1. What enclosure and size is best for a golden greek (indoors)
2. What supplies do I need? (for example UVB lamp, heat pad, ect)
3. What do I need inside the enclosure?

Please Help A.S.A.P!
I don't have my tort yet because I want to know all the info first
thanks

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
1) Bigger is always better for enclosures. 4' by 8' would be a minimum for a Greek indoor enclosure, though a large outdoor set up as well would be best.
2) UVB strip bulb and basking light or MVB (mercury vapour bulb) which provides heat, light and UVB in one.
Digital thermometer and hygrometer . Heat pads not necessary, if you need additional night heat use a CHE (ceramic heat emitter) on a thermostat to regulate heat. Substrate, use coco coir, cypress mulch or orchid bark. Water bowl - shallow terracotta saucer sunk into the substrate big enough for the tortoise to soak in. Piece of slate to put food on which helps to trim the beak of the tortoise. Humid hide, a sunken half plant pot or similar that can keep in the humidity, Some put sphagnum moss in to increase humidity.
3) cuttlefish bone , spider plants are good.

2angelous7

Montréal, Quebec
Thank You to everyone! I think i am ready for a tort! By the way, what do you guys think of Deer Fern Farm? Is it safe to order form them? I have no breeders in Montreal Quebec

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thank You to everyone! I think i am ready for a tort! By the way, what do you guys think of Deer Fern Farm? Is it safe to order form them? I have no breeders in Montreal Quebec
Check our vendor review and see if there is anything listed there about them.

Careym13

5 Year Member
Northern Virginia
Welcome to TFO!!:tort: Post some pictures of your enclosure once it is set up and before you get your tort in case you need to make any adjustments.

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
I don't have a Greek but , Hi and welcome from the Desert !
m0754.gif