hey guys !!! i'm a newbie and have lots of questions :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

guille24

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
wisconsin
HI guys thank u so much for letting me join this amazing site , i think i have two cherry head red foot tortoises (that's what i was told at the pet shop where i got them from (petco) ) do u think i'm right/wrong ?? but they look more like normal red foots to me, I've had them for about 3 yrs now,, also i got them for 120 dollars each and i know real cherry heads sell for about 200 or more i might be wrong but i'll post some pics latter :) I also have two RUSSIAN tortoises and planing to get more :) I've had my russians one for about 2 years and the other one just for a few months but they all are doing great , but my cherry heads have a little bit of pyramiding since i purchase them , i think is because of the conditions they were kept in :/ but i'm glad i have them now :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! None of the pictures showed up (atleast I am guessing you posted pictures?) :( I was sold in the past some "cherryheads" that carry only redfooted traits from breeders, so yours may also have been wrongly labeled. We an guess better when we see photos. :)

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Jacqui said:
Hi and welcome! None of the pictures showed up (atleast I am guessing you posted pictures?) :( I was sold in the past some "cherryheads" that carry only redfooted traits from breeders, so yours may also have been wrongly labeled. We an guess better when we see photos. :)

hey !! thank u :) sorry i didn't post any pics yesterday, so do u think my ''cherry heads'' are going to grow like normal red foots ??

Attachments

• 2012 085.JPG
    2012 085.JPG
    446.4 KB · Views: 33

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
emysemys said:
Welcome to the Forum!!

thank u :)

iphone 895.JPG this the male ''cherry head'' its about 7 inches

iphone 874.JPGthis is the smaller ''cherry head " i think it's a female but i'm not sure,, it's about 5 almost 6 inches big , the tail is short and fat and the shape of the end of the plastron has an u shape ,, what do u guys think ????

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome :) cute torts, can't help with the red foot, cherryheads thing. But someone might.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Im no expert on redfoots. But they look like redfoots to me. And the first one looks like male to me and number two looks like female. Lets see if N2TORTS replies. He will know...

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
FLINTUS said:
Those are very pretty northern red foots, not the southern cherry head type

thank u !!! i was really confused what type of red foots i have ,cause i was told they were cherry heads and they really don't look like cherry heads to me ,, do you know how big my tortoises are going to get ??

FLINTUS

5 Year Member
Watery Wiltshire in the UK
guille24 said:
FLINTUS said:
Those are very pretty northern red foots, not the southern cherry head type

thank u !!! i was really confused what type of red foots i have ,cause i was told they were cherry heads and they really don't look like cherry heads to me ,, do you know how big my tortoises are going to get ??
Standard red foot size is usually around 12 inches. I would expect no smaller than 10 inches, max probably 14 inches-this is common, although we do see some specimens often get to 16 or 18 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.