Status
Not open for further replies.

Caitlin718

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NYC
My name is Caitlin, and I just joined.

Currently, I have no tortoises, but I do have all of the supplies left over from a Hinge-back tortoise I had for one day and one day only, because the pet store failed to inform me that it had a respiratory disease(she was bubbling at the mouth. They knew she was sick, you could tell by the way they picked her up and asked each other, "think she's still alive?"), and it died over night. Well now that I've learned my lesson and am not going to buy another reptile from them again, I'm left tortoise-less until the end of August. I'm planning on adopting a Red Foot Tortoise, hopefully a cherry head.

Just wanted to say hi.

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
Hi Caitlin, Welcome to TFO!
Sorry to hear about your hinge-back. With the great collection of redfoot owners here, you won't have any trouble finding the right care to keep your new tortoise happy and healthy!

micki

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
uk
Hi Caitlin and welcome.:)

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Welcome. When decide to get a new Rf may I suggest www.turtletary.com . Terry is a great source for not only RFs but the knowledge and support for same. Sorry about your hingeback.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Welcome to the forum! Lots of experienced owners to help you here!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Caitlin, welcome to the forum. It's a shame some petstores are willing to sell ill animals. Sorry to hear you lost your first so quickly. I also suggest Turtletary.com (Terry) has great advice and great followup on his little ones.
Again, welcome.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi Caitlin! So sad hearing about the loss of the Hingeback. I do hope they atleast refunded your money. I think you will enjoy the Redfoot more then you would have the Hingeback.

Caitlin718

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
NYC
Thanks fer the warm welcomes. ^.^

Yes, they refunded my money, and the manager said that if we plan on buying a RFT from them, he would try and give us a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.