Location (City and/or State)
Fremont, California
IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

After going from 45g to 100g in his first 2 months, he's taken even less time to hit the 200g mark. I can't wait for the sun to finally return to the Bay Area - he's going to love his first summer.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Not only is he growing and healthy, but his shell looks EXCELLENT! What ever you are doing, don't change a thing.

In fact, you ought to share the details of what you are doing with all of us, because it is working really well. What's the routine, diet, soaking regime, temps, etc...

But why is he carrying around that quarter...? :)

dummy_lifted

5 Year Member
knight_visionn said:
IMG_1781.jpg

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1773.jpg

IMG_1785.jpg

IMG_1777.jpg

After going from 45g to 100g in his first 2 months, he's taken even less time to hit the 200g mark. I can't wait for the sun to finally return to the Bay Area - he's going to love his first summer.
Tell me about iit its raining pretty hard and its hella cold out here in the bay. i hope my hatchling aint goin through any complications. Please fill me in on how you take care of your tortoise cuz he look hella healthy

knight_visionn

5 Year Member
Fremont, California
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :tort:

I was looking forward to showing him to people who could actually tell he's doing good - somehow, my friends and lady don't have quite the fervor for spotting a smooth shell. :)

dummy_lifted said:
Tell me about iit its raining pretty hard and its hella cold out here in the bay. i hope my hatchling aint goin through any complications. Please fill me in on how you take care of your tortoise cuz he look hella healthy

We're spoiled, living in California - 50F with moderate rain is bad weather here :D

As for his care, I've really just tried to follow the guidelines set out on this forum - keeping things as hot and wet as possible, despite our rather dry NorCal weather. I have a warm air humidifier feeding into his setup (set on a timer), and I try to mist him and his exhibit at least twice a day. I have a standing dish of shallow water under his main heat lamp, so the evaporation helps. I keep a piece of warm, wet sponge in his hide (which is a heated hide), and keep it constantly wet, so it's practically a swamp in there. I really do credit the condition of his shell to the humidity method.

Everything else is about his care is really by the books (well, Tom's book [er, thread]), but set up to be as convenient as possible.

lushcious said:
Is he balancing a quarter? lol

Haven't you heard? Weighted tortoise aerobics are the secret to fighting pyramiding.

Not really though - I just wanted something for size reference, and I used a quarter so, if I wanted to, I could make a "quarterback" pun (I chose not to - thank me later).

Status
Not open for further replies.