Hermans tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauliner1

5 Year Member
Hello I am new to this site, my name is Pauline & i live in Hertfordshire, England. Can anyone tell me if it is normal for a 13yr old female Hermann's tortoise to start laying eggs, she does not have a male companion.[/align]

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Pauline, and welcome to the Forum!!

Some female tortoises never lay eggs unless they've been with a male, and then again, some will lay eggs just like chickens, not needing a male to trigger the response. Just be sure to give her plenty of calcium-rich foods so she doesn't deplete her calcium supply.

pauliner1

5 Year Member
Yvonne G said:

Some female tortoises never lay eggs unless they've been with a male, and then again, some will lay eggs just like chickens, not needing a male to trigger the response. Just be sure to give her plenty of calcium-rich foods so she doesn't deplete her calcium supply.

Thank you for the advice, I have had her for 10 years now & yet I still worry over every little thing.

james1974

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Illinois
Re: RE: Hermans tortoise

pauliner1 said:
Yvonne G said:

Thank you for the advice, I have had her for 10 years now & yet I still worry over every little thing.
[/quote Yep,the longer you have them the more your going too worry.Ten years is a very long time it's now your baby girl.Plenty of calcium and a nesting area and she'll be fine.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.