Happy Hermann Tortoise Owner

Michbeat

Location (City and/or State)
Kent
Hi there, I've often searched questions on here, but never posted.
I have two large adult Hermann tortoises, one male and one female. They are doing nicely and have started laying eggs each year, with my first successful fertile baby this year.
Then I have two smaller hermanns, 2 year old and a three year old. Initially we thought they were both female, but now I find out the older one is a male.
The problem I have, is that they are born from same parents, including my egg laying female. So he can't mate with any of my females.
Is there anyone on here, localish to me, willing to swap a 3 year old tortoise for a female or even a male? I could advertise locally, but I want to know it will be well looked after and not just with anyone.
I live in Kent UK.
Thanks Michelle ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Michelle. I'm glad you've finally decided to introduce yourself! It's good to know you.

You would get more responses if you post your request under either the Wanted section or the Regional Topics section.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
", I've often searched questions"

Smart people; They ALL know where to come....eventually LOL......WTTC and good luck with your swapping efforts@!

btw- Malcolm Anderson lives in your nook...old, ugly, bald, nicest guy you could ever meet, rides fast motorcycles....if you know him by some chance(I have a way of beating the odds), I'm very sorry!

jeff

Michbeat

Kent
Thanks everyone, I'll get the hang of this eventually!!! I will repost in the right section when I have a spare hour ?