Hermann tortoise making noises at night

Hhollylouise

Location (City and/or State)
Hampshire
My little hermann( 9 months old) has just had a respiratory infection 4 injections later and keeping her temps above 29 during the day at 24 at night shes seems to be on the mend , its been over a week since her last injection and a week and a half of warmer temps ( humidity is 60 in the day and 84 at night ) the vet is very happy with progress as she had a check up during the week shes put on weight etc , her symptoms of ri were only a clicking noise during the day and that has stopped and i havnt heard any clicking in the last 4 days but tonight shes gone to sleep in a half of a terracotta plant pot and all i can hear is a loud click noise almost like when human bones click it is rather loud and shes never made a noise like it , im not sure if its her but the only thing thats on is her che and i turned it off and the noise continued she also has never slept in the hide or any hide in fact as she always burrows herself the same corner ,
Any advise on what this is would be great as I've been sat here for the last hour in darkness just listening and I'm driving my self mad
Edit - ive taken the terracotta hide away shes still fast asleep but ive heard no clicking since ( now ive said it it will probably start again or im just going completely mad😂)

Last edited:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Lol, I think you are now going mad lol.
You will soon be having dreams of a clicking noise lol
If any signs of an RI appears, immediately bump up the heat to 85F day, still same basking and night temps 75-80F. A lot of the time, just jumping up the heat will stop a so called cold from getting worse.