noises when she sleeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
Ophelia, my red footed tort, makes these like squeaking noises when she sleeps, i know this bec we share the same room. last night she was doing this quite often, i was wondering if this was normal?

also, she has been quite interested in my hands lately. and ive been getting riskier with her with touching her, and she seems ok with it. but is she doing this bec shes hungry?

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
You are going to get bitten, and I have heard that that hurts.

Ophelia probably thinks your hands (especially if you have red nails) are food.

Is she going through a growth spurt?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Its not normal. Could be a respiratory infection. Over the years I kept lots of tortoises in my bedroom and I never heard any of them at night. What is your night temp?

samstar

5 Year Member
or maybe an allergy. Is her nose wet and is it clear wet or brownish/yellow mucus?

Neil

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Its not normal. Could be a respiratory infection. Over the years I kept lots of tortoises in my bedroom and I never heard any of them at night. What is your night temp?

I agree! maybe some kind of infection.. i have this star torts from past 9 years... haven't heard them snoring that way ... :)

travisgn

5 Year Member
I can't comment on the noises, but yes she might want to eat your fingers. My female RT runs at my hands with her mouth open. I didn't know if she actually wanted to bite me, or if she just knew I was the food bringer. So, I tested it, and sure enough she bit me. No harm done, though. But, I think it is part hunger and part affection. If I stroke the top of her head and neck she will push up into my finger, which I interpret as her enjoying the sensation.

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
hm thats odd. i had her treated for a respirtory infection when i first got her and its been awhile now, and shes done it the whole time i've had her. she doesn't have a runny nose or any of the things you listed...
should i take her to the vet?

ha and yeah i dont paint my nails, but she may be having a growth spurt lol

Neil

5 Year Member
heyprettyrave said:
hm thats odd. i had her treated for a respirtory infection when i first got her and its been awhile now, and shes done it the whole time i've had her. she doesn't have a runny nose or any of the things you listed...
should i take her to the vet?

ha and yeah i dont paint my nails, but she may be having a growth spurt lol

If the Noise is constant even when she is dozzing off i would say its time for a Vet visit.. :)

heyprettyrave

5 Year Member
New York
awe man well that sucks, i just thought she was being cute. so a trip to the vets is what i will do this week :) thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.