Herb Blend

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I went to one of my local markets (Glazier's Food Marketplace) and saw this Herb Blend by Earthbound Farm. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this for their tortoises.

w5wz.jpg

jfec.jpg

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I have fed some of the packaged vegetables from Walmart, but they just get bad too fast for me. My tortoises don't eat enough to finish an entire package in time.
mtdavis254817 said:
During cold season I will use the ones available at Walmart

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Herb Blend

SulcataDud3 said:
I have fed some of the packaged vegetables from Walmart, but they just get bad too fast for me. My tortoises don't eat enough to finish an entire package in time.
mtdavis254817 said:
During cold season I will use the ones available at Walmart

You need to get more torts . :D
Yes I use it all the time my reds and sulcata's love it . But grasses and weeds are best .

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
:p I guess 5 isn't enough lol. I just started feeding grocery foods this week, I've been trying all kinds to see what they like. During the warmer seasons, all they ate were hibiscus leaves, clovers, grasses and weeds. Trying to find alternative food sources before fall takes over! :D
mike taylor said:
You need to get more torts . :D

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Herb Blend

SulcataDud3 said:
I have fed some of the packaged vegetables from Walmart, but they just get bad too fast for me.

The packaged spring mix from Walmart goes bad fast for me, too. :/

StarSapphire22

5 Year Member
Fargo, ND
I haven't tried it yet, but I've heard if you stick a folded up paper towel in the bottom (gravity wise, not the physical bottom) side of the bag/box, it will stay fresher longer.

I think that blend looks great!

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
I have used that same one. I think it is a good blend, variety of things. Both for tortoises, and for people, me. Remember? One for you (tortoise), two for me, one for you, three for me. Eat like a tortoise, live long like a tortoise, LOL! : )

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I've always gotten the spring mix. I'll check this out next time I get some! Thanks!

HerbsMommy

5 Year Member
I always just make sure there's no spinach in the mix (at least for hatchlings) too much protein is not good for them. And an AMAZING trick I learned to keep greens better longer is to put them in a ziplock and then blow into the back and seal it. I have no idea how it works, but it really does! Herbs food stays fresh for waaaaay longer! Something about the CO2!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is what sprang to mind when I read your post:

1992446r0ctpomsgq.gif
[/url]

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah, I liked this one particularly because of the diversity it offered. I've never heard that before :p I like that quote! :D
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
I have used that same one. I think it is a good blend, variety of things. Both for tortoises, and for people, me. Remember? One for you (tortoise), two for me, one for you, three for me. Eat like a tortoise, live long like a tortoise, LOL! : )

I usually like to stay away from spinach, but if it has it I don't mind it too much if I'm feeding it sparingly. I also looked through each package to see which one had the least amount of spinach lol. :p I've actually just started noticing that, I always put the veggies into a ziplock and it would fill up like a balloon. I noticed they'd last longer than squeezing the air out. I just read if you line the ziplock bags with paper towels and it was air filled they'd last even longer. Kept them crisp and helped keep them from wilting. :D
HerbsMommy said:
I always just make sure there's no spinach in the mix (at least for hatchlings) too much protein is not good for them. And an AMAZING trick I learned to keep greens better longer is to put them in a ziplock and then blow into the back and seal it. I have no idea how it works, but it really does! Herbs food stays fresh for waaaaay longer! Something about the CO2!

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I offered mine the Herb Blend they didnt like it . They prefer the spring mix but i mixed it with the spring mix and their grasses and they ate it that way.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
That quote would go well in a children's book or child whos having a hard time eating vegetables lol :p if I ever see it come up anywhere I know who made it lol.

Here's a picture of my Leo's lovin' it! :D

02q2.jpg

BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
I just made that quote up, on your thread. Writer writing, LOL.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I like the smell, when I am feeding a herb mix. :D

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Thank you SulcataDud3. I am writing a children's television show script. Dogs, trees, friends ... bark buddies ... dogs pee on trees, but not these, they're bark buddies! LOL.

I LOVE those pictures. See! Your babies know what's good for them. Now pull up a plate and serve thyself! : )