Help with selling/pricing a leopard? Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

misskendra

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
LA
A good friend of mine is selling a six inch leopard tort and he wanted to know what a good price would be. It has pyramiding and I'm working with him on that. We have to have it sexed too and checked out again by my personal vet before anything. Does anyone know what the going price or good/fair price would be? I will post photos later for reference too.

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
The photo's and knowing what sex it is will be a huge difference in pricing. Can't make any suggestions until then.

misskendra

5 Year Member
LA
I have to take photos. What would a male go for without the pyramiding? And female?

Neal

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Depends on the severity of the pyramiding. To some pyramiding doesn't matter, to others it does. Since pyramiding in leopard tortoises is common, I personally wouldn't make any adjustments to the price unless it was particularly smooth, or showed symptoms of MBD.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I have purchased a few Leo's in that size range and paid $175 for one with slight pyramiding and a very round shape because it had a great personallity. I paid $225 for my other one which was/is still very smooth and also has a great personality. Both are males. Hope that helps some.

Status
Not open for further replies.