Help with care:)

HobieCat

Location (City and/or State)
Shingle Springs California
I have a leopard toirtoise who is 6 pounds and 10 inches long:) We just found her in our backyard and no one has claimed her so we put her in our garage away from the rain. During the cold rainy season how can I keep her outside? I know they are African tortoises so they need warmth and I don’t want to keep her inside. Any advice?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
How long and where did you post things to find the owners? Not likely the owner wouldn't want him/her back.
Contact close vet clinics, rescues of all kinds of animals and place an ad in Craigslist, but don't list the species of him/her. Also place signs around.
Otherwise follow the links Tom gave you.

HobieCat

Shingle Springs California
How long and where did you post things to find the owners? Not likely the owner wouldn't want him/her back.
Contact close vet clinics, rescues of all kinds of animals and place an ad in Craigslist, but don't list the species of him/her. Also place signs around.
Otherwise follow the links Tom gave you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Okay thanks! Can I put her outside while it is raining? What type of shelter does she need it gets cold where I live
She can be outside when its raining if there is a warm box for her to shelter in. See post number 3 for that.