Leopard Tortoise in tropical condition

yusufning

Location (City and/or State)
Jakarta
Hi,

Im a new leopard tortoise keeper. Ive had ample experience with other species but not leopards. I kept on seeing that leopard tortoise cant handle the cold and wet weather.

My question is,

I live in Jakarta and it has a temperature min of 80f, max of 100f and an all year average of 82f. It is relatively warm and within the recommended temperature range for leopards. But it does rain alot (half of the year). Can I keep it outside all year round (even during the rainy season)?

THanks

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Hi,

Im a new leopard tortoise keeper. Ive had ample experience with other species but not leopards. I kept on seeing that leopard tortoise cant handle the cold and wet weather.

My question is,

I live in Jakarta and it has a temperature min of 80f, max of 100f and an all year average of 82f. It is relatively warm and within the recommended temperature range for leopards. But it does rain alot (half of the year). Can I keep it outside all year round (even during the rainy season)?

THanks
Your leopard tortoise will thrive in your climate in Jakarta. Cold and wet is the problem. Warm and wet is where they do best.