HELP, TOO LONG BATH

TheTortoise3829

Location (City and/or State)
Italy
Hey everyone i am such a bad owner, I've bathed my tortoises and forgot her for 5 HOURS in her water bowl... I need help! Will she die? She's alive right now and I'm scared, my homework distracted me and I know I should've never been distracted, please help me!!!

TheTortoise3829

Italy
I hope this is a plus, but my tortoise hasn't pooped in a while, so I saw all the fecies in the water bowl with her, and for that I'm scared, is there anything that can happen to her? I'm having all the worst case scenarios going through my head

L

LasTortugasNinja

Hey everyone i am such a bad owner, I've bathed my tortoises and forgot her for 5 HOURS in her water bowl... I need help! Will she die? She's alive right now and I'm scared, my homework distracted me and I know I should've never been distracted, please help me!!!

We'll put away the hot tar, torches, and pitchforks, this one time. ;)

Should be fine, as long as the head was above water. Just keep her warm under her heat lamp and should be ok. Don't worry about the feces. Torts actually are known to willingly eat their own feces from time to time. Not classy, but for torts, it works.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I’m sure things will be fine. Your tort probably chilled off (?) but as long as it didnt drown & you warmed it back up, it will be fine. It’s happened many times here to others.

Also, no problem with the dirty water....

TheTortoise3829

Italy
I’m sure things will be fine. Your tort probably chilled off (?) but as long as it didnt drown & you warmed it back up, it will be fine. It’s happened many times here to others.

Also, no problem with the dirty water....
Thank you guys so much! Yes, my tortoise didn't drown (thank the Lord)

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH

It shouldn't be a problem.

I did extra-long soaks on purpose with a hingeback that I took in who was severely dehydrated and underweight... some as long as 6-8 hours. I set him up in his closed chamber so that the soaking water would stay warm enough.

Jamie