HELP! On buying tort online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, MO
Hello A couple are needing to rehome their two redfoots which are 3 years old. The thing is how would I go about buying them... I dont want to get scammed or have her feel like I am. Is there a website she can post them and I can use paypal? Thanks meg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Meg, and welcome to the Forum!

Is this off Craigs List? Or how did you hear about the tortoises being for sale?

This is a touchy situation, because a seller will normally want to be paid before sending the tortoises out.

If you can re-post the link to the For Sale ad, maybe we can offer you some words of wisdom.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Columbia, MO
Hello they were off craigslist but I really dont think its a scam.. they want me to come to their house or meet half way but I prefer to just ship than driving as it would actually cost less for me being shipped.. She said she could ship them for me since they she bought them when they were hatchling online three years ago. She seems to care about them and requested me to send a pic of their home they would be living in and stuff.

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I say it soumds good, as she wanted to meet yoi.
It also sounds like she cares for the well being of the tort.
I would personally pick them up for a variety of reasons.
It will guarantee that you are getting the torts and hopefully be less stress on the torts.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Columbia, MO
Ty for the info, I will meet up half way! and tomorrow picking them up... now I will be a new mommy of tots! lol I did noticed in the pictures she send me they are pyramiding. She did have their enclosure pretty dry inside with just a bowl... :/

Phobi

5 Year Member
Columbia, MO
the pic are of them, as you can see they need some tlc. the other pic is the enclosure she had them in, doesnt it look kind of dry?

Attachments

• tort 2.jpg
    tort 2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10
  • tort 3.jpg
    tort 3.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10
  • tort house.jpg
    tort house.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Did you get them yet? I wouldn't use the water dish that is in the pic. A clay flower pot saucer is best. It is dry and they are a little pyramided, but not to bad. I would soak them as soon as you get them home and of course get their enclosure set up the right way and you can get the new growth to grow in smooth.

Phobi

5 Year Member
Columbia, MO
Dont have them yet but tomorrow:) Will do on the pot saucer and will give them a good soaking. I will post pics tomorrow of them

Status
Not open for further replies.