Help mouth breathing

Zero_

Location (City and/or State)
Korea
First, I am not good at English. I hope you understand.
My RT is breathing through her mouth.
She is eight months old. Her symptoms started two months ago.
The vet prescribed antibiotics thinking it was pneumonia, but it got worse. So I changed the vet.
She had an inflammation in her intestine. Her lungs have become smaller because her intestines have expanded. Her stool is full of germs and bacteria, the vet said. She is now struggling to breathe even if she eats a little food. I bathe her twice a day, 20 minutes a day. What can I do for her?

Temperature : cool 80, hot 85-90, basking 95
Humidity 50-60

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
First, I am not good at English. I hope you understand.
My RT is breathing through her mouth.
She is eight months old. Her symptoms started two months ago.
The vet prescribed antibiotics thinking it was pneumonia, but it got worse. So I changed the vet.
She had an inflammation in her intestine. Her lungs have become smaller because her intestines have expanded. Her stool is full of germs and bacteria, the vet said. She is now struggling to breathe even if she eats a little food. I bathe her twice a day, 20 minutes a day. What can I do for her?

Temperature : cool 80, hot 85-90, basking 95
Humidity 50-60
Can you make her poop? Is she eating enuf to poop?I'm thinkin her intestines need to empty...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Hi and welcome. Your English is just fine! Sorry your tortoise is having such a bad time. Our experts are here to help and will do their best for you. Can you post pictures or a video?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Hello and welcome. I understood your English perfectly 🤗. As TammyJ said post pictures or videos. A picture says a thousand words. Sending 🤗🙏 for your little 🐢😘