akk

Location (City and/or State)
london
Hiya,
I'm new here, so not entirely sure how this works, but I rlly need some help & advice.

I have 2, seven year old Mediterranean tortoises, which I keep in a heated greenhouse, with access to an outdoor area. However, one of my tortoise hasn't been seen since yesterday afternoon, in the outdoor enclosure so I'm starting to panic.

I've had my torts for a while, they usually go missing, but I can normally find them buried somewhere. But today, I have searched the enclosure inch by inch and I can't find her anywhere. I don't think she has escaped as the weather is pretty cold atm and its very rainy so both torts have not much energy. So, she has either been taken by a predator or I suspect she may have tried to hibernate herself early and dug quite far down. Does anyone have any advice on what I can do or, if she is buried somewhere, how long she can survive and if she'll come out again?
Once again, I really need some advice.
Thanks so much,
Asha

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
All you can do is keep looking. Look in the mornings when the sun comes out, which hopefully will be soon
Can a predator get in? If it's a greenhouse, they would have to dig their way in. Look around the perimeter feeling for soft spots where she might have dug into.
Also try putting out some of their favorite food.
Btw, tortoises should never be kept in pairs. It's very hard and stressful on them and one will bully the other. She might have dug down to get away from that.
Think about making the greenhouse into two separate enclosures by putting a divider down the middle that carries to outside.
Good luck, keep us posted.