Help IDing my new torts please :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BodaTort1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Houston, Texas
Today I got these 2 tortoises. I was told they were 5 yr old boys but they are definitely a boy and girl!! The boy's name is Middle Lefty.. He is 16.5 in and 25#. The girl is Little Lefty and is 16in and 20#.
Their story is Middle was found walking on a road and the lady took him home to join her older CB Sully -Lefty. A week later she found Little Lefty also on a road and took her home.. That was about 4 years ago. During the time she had them her dog got a hold of Little and really chewed on her shell and took part of her left back foot off. These injuries are well healed and don't seem to hinder her. Now I have a question for the experts.. I was told they are wild caught Sulcattas.. Are they? They look like my Roo-CB sully -but wild Sullies??? Also how can I get an idea of their true age? Thanks guys! :)

Middle Lefty
image-3083064857.png

Little Lefty
image-823643247.png

Roo with Lil and Middle.
image-4280917649.png

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I would doubt they are wild caught - they look too bumpy. Can't help you with their age ...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They aren't old enough to be wild caught. Sulcatas haven't been imported for many years, and Africa is the only place where they would have been wild caught. They are someone's lost, purchased-from-a-pet-store, pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.