my Turtle passed away

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
Hello everyone. A while back I posted that my turtle Lefty a ttbt had stopped eating. She would not touch her food no matter what I tried. I gave her baby food soaks. Warm soaks daily for over 3 months. She was nothing but skin on bones. She stopped eating after I re-homed her long time companion to another person. The turtle I re-homed was an ornate, and at the time though it was best to let her live with her same species so she could mate and among other things be with her own 'kind'. This is where I think Lefty went into a depression. If there is such a thing. She refused to eat, refused to basically even socialize with her other roommate Ninja, who is her same species of box turtle.
Now my fear is that Ninja could get upset over this, however she had only been roommates with the other 2 for 1 year. Ninja was my first and I have had her over 12 years. I housed her separate until I decided to put them all together. The vet said there was nothing to be done, she was not egg bound, Or perhaps she was way older than I thought, She didn't have any respitory problem, never had bubbles or any weeping from eyes mouth nose. etc. I am completely re-doing all the enclosure disinfecting (naturally) and replacing all plants etc...just to make sure there is not danger od bacteria...I want to make sure that everything is prime. Thank you to all who was concerned, sorry about some of my responses because I was behaving on my emotions.
leftybathing-1.jpg
[/URL][/img] RIP Lefty, you will be missed

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
WOW, that's a tuff one. I am so sorry. You did do everything possible for her.
Hope your Ninja does fine.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He was so beautiful. What a great loss. I feel your pain (hugs).

nate.mann

5 Year Member
Glendale, Arizona, USA
sorry about this. its never easy.

0.1.0 Sonoran Desert Tortoise
0.0.1 Leopard Tortoise
1.0.0 Bluenose Pitbull/American Bulldog

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
sad story, seem liked you tried everything you can, she seemed happy, and a beautiful girl, rip

Status
Not open for further replies.