Help ID this little guy please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseydiann

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
West Virginia
I know he is small but was told he might be a Florida boxie but I just don’t think so, then they thought maybe he was an eastern but I know better as I have about 20 easterns so I’m leaning more towards a 3-toed maybe? Please take a look and let me know what you think..
I know that Patman would know for sure lol..

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

IMG_0877.jpg

IMG_0878.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

Thanks
Amanda

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
I havent a clue, He does look like some sort of Boxie,, Very cute, Whats his/her name?

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It's either an Eastern box turtle or a Gulf Coast box turtle. A plastron picture should clear it up. :D

Danny

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
He/she is adorable. I have no idea of course sorry. Very cute!

joseydiann

5 Year Member
West Virginia
Not an Eastern for sure. I've had my adult easterns for over 10 years and been breeding them I have alot of baby easterns and pretty sure it's not.
But yes it is for sure a box turtle..

I did not name it yet, just got it UPS a few hours ago.

As for the Gulf Coast box turtle, I just looked at about 60 pic's of them and still don't look like this guy, the closest I can find is a 3-toed..

I have those pic's Danny just took them and about to upload..

egyptiandan said:
It's either an Eastern box turtle or a Gulf Coast box turtle. A plastron picture should clear it up. :D

Danny

Here we go, hope this helps! His face is pink and skinny like a 3-toed..

IMG_0882.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Thanks for the help
Amanda

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Amanda: I have a male and three female Eastern box turtles, and their pen is secure from any other turtles getting in. I have hatched a couple clutches of eggs in the past couple years, and most of my babies come out looking just like your new baby. Mine don't start getting the "eastern" color pattern until they're about 3 years old. At the age yours is, mine look like 3-toed box turtle babies. If you truly don't believe it is an Eastern, then my second best guess would be gulf coast. You'll know soon enough. The Gulf coast grows faster than the 3-toe. He's definitely NOT a Florida. They are black as babies with a little yellow.

Yvonne

(and sometime 3-toe box turtles DO have 4 toes on the back feet.)

joseydiann

5 Year Member
West Virginia
emysemys said:
Hi Amanda: I have a male and three female Eastern box turtles, and their pen is secure from any other turtles getting in. I have hatched a couple clutches of eggs in the past couple years, and most of my babies come out looking just like your new baby. Mine don't start getting the "eastern" color pattern until they're about 3 years old. At the age yours is, mine look like 3-toed box turtle babies. If you truly don't believe it is an Eastern, then my second best guess would be gulf coast. You'll know soon enough. The Gulf coast grows faster than the 3-toe. He's definitely NOT a Florida. They are black as babies with a little yellow.

Yvonne

(and sometime 3-toe box turtles DO have 4 toes on the back feet.)

Here is a few of my easterns now, same size as him. Notice the color of the skin and the shape of the face if you can. And these are from 3 different mother's..

I've never ever seen a eastern look like this. It is ALOT different but yeah I guess time will tell.

I'm still thinking 3-toed I looked up the Gulf coast and sure doesn't look like one of those either lol, so I'm pretty confused..

IMG_0260-1.jpg

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your both right :p Looks to me like an Eastern/Three-toed cross. They cross over a large area and there were quite a few adults for sale a couple of years ago.

Danny

Status
Not open for further replies.