help i have ants in my outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason g.

5 Year Member
For some reason I have had a spike in ant activity in and out of her enclosure. What's the best type of ant traps or will it poison her enclosure when or if it ever rains here. I water her enclosures twice a day am and pm. Thank you

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
I myself don’t like to use any poisons in or near the torts yard. So for a short term ( and works well if kept up … they eventually will re-locate) solution with immediate results … Find the nest and take a large pot of boiling water and soak the area slowly concentrating on the entrance to the queen. You can even shove a funnel down the hole before you start …. Make sure water is at boiling point .. Wear protection and keep torts away ….try this I promise it works !
JD~:)

RonHays

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oxford, Ms
The water thing didn't work for me too good. Hopefully someone on here can come up with another solution. I can't find the ant hills in my yard so i want to find some good traps myself.

Jason I feel for ya. I can't stand more than about 30 seconds in one spot without getting bit by a ant. Im getting very frustrated myself.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
ya must not be locating the nest .......
a for sure remedy if ya want poison...is mix a little boric acid with some molasses syrup .. the ants will lap it up and take it back to the queen .. she will die in a matter of days !

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I use diatomacious earth with good results. Sprinkle it on the mound once a day for 4 or 5 days.

jason g.

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone I will try boiling water first I'm pretty sure I know where the nest is. If it doesn't work I will use the Malaysia and voracious acid I will put it in something that only the ants can reach and have a hole big enough that the ants are the only ones that can get in there.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
you can use the ant Stakes outside of the enclosure. It will attract the ants out and they take poison back the nest and they all are gone eventually.

mary t

5 Year Member
Lakeland, florida
jackrat said:
I use diatomacious earth with good results. Sprinkle it on the mound once a day for 4 or 5 days.

I'm in central Florida and I swear the diatomacious earth was like a steroid to the ants. If they are red ants and you know where the mounds are , we take a shovel full of of one mound and run really fast to another mound and dump it in and vise versa.. Even if it's from a neighbors yard. The mounds tend to fight it out and move on.. But this only works if you can find the mounds and you have to stay away from them for a few hours... Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.