Ants... Inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBennillers

5 Year Member
So, it has been pretty rainy here in Indiana, and on Saturday we had some crazy down pours most of the night. On Sunday our yard was water logged and had water standing in it which is very unusual, especially for our whole yard. Anyway, we had a BBQ to go to and were gone all day, I returned home about 10pm and went to tuck my torts in (turn off thier light) and noticed ants inside thier enclosure. After closer inpection I could see the ants walking up the side of the stand carrying thier eggs. So I moved a few things in the enclosure, like the water saucer, only to find the ants were moving in with my torts! There were so many ants once I started digging that I had to remove all the substrate and my poor torts had to sleep in our new fish tank. :( I am so shocked at how fast the ants can move! And how smart they are to not only find thier way into my house through an old window pane but to find thier dreamhouse in my tort enclosure! I could have had the biggest ant farm ever! LOL

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
I am always watching for those little critters, they always find the nice dry spots with a good food supply. I am constantly moving my torts food bowl outside becuase the ants keep making the entrance to there hole under it..It's a never ending battle..

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
I'm a huge fan of the TERRO ant baits...and do they work! I get them at Smart and Final...but they'e got 'em just about everywhere...even the supermarket. You'll NEVER touch a can of Raid again!

Status
Not open for further replies.