HELP hatching

Creole

Location (City and/or State)
Crosby Texas
These eggs have been incubating since December 28, 2019, today i noticed this stuff coming out of them. They both had really good veins showing as well as you could see where the babies were growing. This morning i noticed the stuff coming out, I’m not sure if these eggs are no longer good? Or if they are hatching please help. ?

764876DB-571B-49A0-946A-5C2BF429BAC2.jpeg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That stuff oozing means those individual eggs are no good. If they stink, I'd pull them and chuck them. If not, you can leave them a while longer.

What species is this from? First time mom or repeat breeder? What temperature are you incubating at? What moisture ratio did you use for your media?

Here are some tips for when they hatch. Most people keep them too dry and move them to an enclosure too soon, in my opinion. Following these tips will result in healthier babies that eat a wider variety of good foods. https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/how-to-incubate-eggs-and-start-hatchlings.124266/

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
When an embryo dies, or when an infertile eggs finally starts to rot the gasses building up inside the shell cause the shell to crack or explode. It looks to me like what you're seeing is a rotten yolk oozing out. But if you look closely at the other eggs, some of the babies are pipping. Now is the time to spritz water over the eggs to help the babies break out.